Are your students weary and ready for summer break?
Need something to motivate them to keep reading?
Look no longer! I got you–for the next three weeks, anyway.
The #BookSnaps Challenge!
It is as easy as 1-2-3!
1) Simply have the students make personal connections to the text they are reading and create a digital visual representation. They can use any app to create the #BookSnaps. If you need ideas, click here. It’s best when the #BookSnaps contain the author and the title of the book.
2) Post the #BookSnaps image to Twitter (personal account, class account, teacher’s account, mom/dad’s account, etc.). Include the hashtag #BookSnapsWk1 (Wk2, Wk3) and hashtag #BookSnaps
3) Three winners will be chosen on Friday of each week at 5 PM CST.
Winners will become guest bloggers! Their winning BookSnap along with a short blurb recommending the book will be published to my blog the following week for all to see!
*Now, we are looping in writing to an authentic audience. It just doesn’t get much better than that. Once the winners are chosen, I’ll send the Twitter account holder a shared Google Doc where the student will type their blurb for the blog post that will be published the following Tuesday morning at 11 AM CST.
All weekly participants will enter a drawing for a class GHO visit with me to chat about #BookSnaps tips! I’m looking forward to learning from the students, too!
A Few Tips:
• Students can submit as many #BookSnaps as they would like!
• ALL students can participate ALL three weeks.
• Not sure what #BookSnaps are? Click here for the original #BookSnaps blog.
• Need another app for your students to create #BookSnaps? Click here.
If you have any questions, I’m just a DM away on Twitter @TaraMartinEDU or comment below.
#BookSnaps Challenge Video Promo to Show Students
#BookSnaps Challenge Promo